Friday, October 7, 2011

Negative Lyme Test



This is a picture of Emmett's negative IGeneX Western Blot test. Words cannot describe how relieved we are.

I know, testing is unreliable to say the least, but we have decided to simply view this as a blessing, and until we see signs of an unhealthy baby, we will treat both of our children like they are Lyme free.

Thank you all for your love and support during this waiting period.

If you have a few more good wishes to spare, please send some positive energy to my husband, who just lost his job and found a bulls eye rash on his foot all in one week.

We have a family friend who's had so many obstacles in life, she now calls up and just laughs as she tells us about what's falling apart. She once said, "I swear, someday I'm going to write a book. I'm gonna call it, My Fuckin' Book, and anyone who's interested can see how crazy my life is and feel better about theirs!"

That always makes me laugh when I think about it. I'm sure we could all write our own versions after dealing with all of this. I just try to remember to add some humor when things get overwhelming. It really does make a huge difference.

9 comments:

  1. So great to read. Thanks for paving a path for all of us who have Lyme, but are still interested in having a baby. Curious...How are you feeling??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear Emmett's test was negative! :)
    Thanks so much for sharing all of your experiences with Lyme and pregnancy.
    How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news about your son. Now you can enjoy your new baby without worrying about lyme. I am curious too how you are feeling. My daughter is six months old and I have been up and down with symptoms since I had her. The first month was really bad. It has gotten better but it almost feels like I am starting lyme treatment all over again. Before I had her I was feeling pretty good.
    Hope you are feeling well and enjoy your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara,
    Do you have an email? I would love to ask you a personal question relating to pregnancy and your doctor. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! I've actually been feeling better than I have in a long time. Doing lots of Mama stuff, but also needing to rest a lot. Still, I didn't have the huge crash that we all fear we're going to have after delivery. This past week, I've felt pretty terrible, though I don't believe that has anything to do with the pregnancy or recovery. I crash every October, regardless of treatment. I'm also battling a cold, which sends my whole system into crazy sick mode. Hopefully I'll bounce back quickly. More details in my next post, but overall, a big improvement since pregnancy. Mommalyme, please feel free to write at lymepregnancy@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super news! I am sorry to hear about your husband losing his job, I hope he finds something bigger and better. I look forward to your update on how you are feeling after birth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such good news about the baby, thank you for writing, it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi am really happy for u and for ur kid and if y can help me I will be thankful
    I have first baby my daughter healthy pregnancy and healthy baby then I had three Miscarriges and I DId all the test befor third one and we discover that I have lyme the doctore give me antibiotic for 2 week just then I got pregnant then I lose it and I really want to get pregnant u can tell me what the treatment for Lyme do I can wake up from this nightmare

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry for the delayed response from September 22nd. Can you email me with where you live so that I can give you detailed info and maybe a doctor recommendation? schampion726@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete