Sunday, February 27, 2011

Staying Positive




I know last week my post on symptoms returning was a little disheartening. Honestly, my situation was looking pretty bleak, and I wanted to share that there are some tough, low points to Lyme pregnancy. You really don't know what you're going to get at any time.

I'm happy to report that the worst of the symptoms have subsided. I swear, it has a lot to do with the fact that I am hellbent on remaining positive throughout this. I even make a game of it now... how ridiculous can I get with my positive outlook (because if you can't laugh at yourself, you're screwed.)? So when I'm at the doctor's now and he tests my leg reflexes and tells me they're really weak, I say, "Yeah, but I have reflexes?" When he confirms, I raise my arms, victorious, and say, "SWEET!" Cause really, when you feel like things can't get any worse, they actually can, so you might as well try your best to stop the downward spiral before it gets out of control. ;)

So, one week later, I'm dealing with some pretty serious fatigue, tingly arms, and weak legs. No issues with brain fog or memory. I know my husband's AND my middle name. I can now get money from an ATM. Unfortunately, I still know the number on the scale (though it went down 8 pounds since hydrotherapy. Woohoo!).

When you have those rough weeks, just keep saying, "I may feel like crap today, but I've felt worse, so this is nothing." Or if you're a little less jaded than I am, say," Look how far I've come. I will get through this!" Because you will. That's the truth.

3 comments:

  1. You shared very nice and detail information with us .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write good content, I am looking for this thanks for sharing it will help others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking for this thanks for sharing it will help others.

    ReplyDelete